Eco-Art Therapy takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Eco-Art Website
1. Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
2. Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
3. Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
4. Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
5. Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
Conformance status The Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Eco-Art Therapy is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. Additional accessibility considerations Web accessibility means that websites, tools, and technologies are designed and developed so that people with disabilities can use them. More specifically, people can:
1. perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web; and
2. contribute to the Web.
Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including:
Web accessibility also benefits people without disabilities, for example:
1. people using mobile phones, smart watches, smart TVs, and other devices with small screens, different input modes, etc.;
2. older people with changing abilities due to ageing;
3. people with temporary disabilities such as a broken arm or lost glasses;
4. people with situational limitations such as in bright sunlight or in an environment where they cannot listen to audio; and
5. people using a slow Internet connection, or who have limited or expensive bandwidth.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Eco-Art Therapy is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
1. browser X with assistive technology Y on operating system Z.
Eco-Art Therapy is not compatible with:
Browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of Eco-Art Therapy relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Eco-Art Therapy , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Eco-Art Therapy:
Images and Video:
1. Some images or videos are for display only and may not have text alternatives. We continually review current practices and update the website on a regular basis.
2. Videos may not always have audio and instead use text.
3. Technology: We are utilizing new framework for this website and beginning to migrate towards an immersive website.
4. Contributors are working on updating website and internal functions as needed. You may contact us to report any issues.
Eco-Art Therapy assessed the accessibility of Eco-Art Therapy by the following approaches:
1. Self-evaluation; and
2. External evaluation.
3. A review of technologies used and accessibilty protocols are reviewed yearly. If an issue exsists before this all attempts will be made to fix the problem.
Date: This statement was created March 20, 2022.